UCR Department of Theatre, Film and Digital Production
Open to all UCR students, regardless of major.
ROOM FOR RENT
A modern comedy
TFDP Fall Film Shoot
Screenplay by Amanda Biggs
Directed by Ann Hughes
Three college friends and their landlady search for the perfect fourth roommate in this comedy of mistaken assumptions.
Auditions: October 25, 2019 Friday, 6:30pm-10:30pm
Callbacks: October 26, Saturday, 10:00am-1:00pm
Location: Studio Theatre, ARTS 113
This film includes adult subject matter, sexual situations, and strong language.
Needed: 5 actors.
Actors should prepare one contemporary monologue, approximately 18-20 lines, not to exceed two minutes.
Actors may be asked to cold read sides from the script.
- Download the audition form in advance.
- Cast members will be enrolled in TFDP 170.
- Wear simple, businesslike clothing; flat shoes; hair back and away from face.
- You must sign up in advance for a time slot on the callboard in the ARTS Building Stairwell, across from the Studio Theatre, ARTS 113.
- Please review the rehearsal and production schedule for the film shoot, posted on the callboard, before signing up to audition.
- A perusal script of the show may be read after Wednesday, October 23rd, by making an appointment with Ben Tusher, Production Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rehearsals: November 18-22, 2019
Film shoot dates: December 2-7, 2019
Contact: Ben Tusher, Production Manager, email@example.com