A horror comedy rock musical
Book and Lyrics by Howard Ashman | Music by Alan Menken
Directed by Makeda Kumasi
Feed the need for musical hilarity with this delicious doo-wop wonder about a sadistic dentist, a nerdy florist, and a human-eating plant.
October 4, 2019
Friday, 6:00-10:00 P.M.
Callbacks: October 5, 2019 Saturday, 10:00 A.M.-1:00 P.M.
Needed: 9 actors and 3 puppeteers
Musical theatre experience not required, yet a plus.
Actors will be required to sing 16 bars of a musical theatre song, to be prepared by the actor. A sound system will be available to playback background music, but actors must bring their own adapter for mobile phones without a standard headphone jack.
Actors should be prepared to read from the side for the character that they are auditioning for.
• Download the audition form in advance.
• Cast members will be enrolled in TFDP 170.
• Wear simple, businesslike clothing; flat shoes; hair back and away from face.
• You must sign up in advance for a time slot on the callboard in the ARTS Building Stairwell, across from the Studio Theatre, ARTS 113.
• Sides and character descriptions are available from the Production Manager’s office: ARTS 309.
• A perusal script of the show may be read by making an appointment with Ben Tusher, Production Manager, email@example.com.
Rehearsals begin: October 7, 2019
Production runs: November 7-16, 2019
This play includes adult subject matter and violence.
Contact: Ben Tusher, Production Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org