Dear Theatre Film & Digital Production Family,
I’m writing to let you how we plan to move forward as a department with your education as well as your safety in mind during this uncertain/interesting time.
I am sure you have been wondering how we will be staging our Spring quarter productions with the campus closed and moving to online instruction. We have been wondering the same, and working hard to come up with feasible solutions to these challenges, using non-traditional performance opportunities. Without further ado, here is our plan for the Spring quarter:
– AT THE PASS will be performed as a staged reading that will be livestreamed in Week 7. Next Fall, a fully realized production of AT THE PASS will kick-off next year’s season in our Studio Theatre.
– PLAYWORKS and NEW PLAY FESTIVAL will also be performed as virtual staged readings, to be livestreamed later in the Spring quarter.
– FILMWORKS will still be held on April 17th, and will be a streaming event featuring two recent department films: A PRIVATE SCREENING and ROOM FOR RENT.
– Our SPRING FILM SHOOT has unfortunately been postponed until next season. Students who were part of that production will receive more details later today.
– Our CULMINATION CEREMONY unfortunately will be canceled. We’ve explored a number of options, but none of them were feasible given the uncertainty and the intention behind the Ceremony.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these times.
As we are quickly discovering during the Covid-19 Virus, our human community is ultimately the reason we do what we do… something we have always known as artists.
So, be healthy, be safe and continue to be the amazing artists that you are!