This year, TDFP is creating a Season Selection committee for the 2018-2019 productions – and we’re seeking your help!
The committee will comprise two faculty, two production staff, and two students, who will represent their cohort to help pick next year’s shows (typically, but not restricted to, 1 classical play, 1 contemporary play and 1 musical). If you are interested in applying for one of the two student positions, please submit the following to Production Manager, Kellie Knight (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Your Name, contact details and year of major.
- A brief statement as to why you would like to join the committee.
What does being a student rep involve and commit you to? You will need to:
- solicit play/production suggestions from your fellow students and get them to Kellie by Friday December 1st.
- read/watch/listen to roughly 9-15 shortlisted plays and/or musicals over the Winter Break-January 2018
- attend 2-3 committee meetings between Dec 2017-March 2018 to discuss and streamline the suggested shortlist and propose a season to the departmental faculty.
The final season selection will then be voted on by the TFDP faculty.
Want to submit your name as a possible student rep? Send Kellie your details and statement by FRIDAY, NOV 17, 2017. We will notify people on Monday, Nov 20th.
Solicited season suggestions will be due to Kellie by THURSDAY, NOV 30.
First committee meeting will be during week 10 of fall quarter (week of Dec 3).
Do you have a play suggestion you’d like considered for next year but maybe don’t want to commit to season selection committee? Send your suggestions (title and playwright, if a translation, which one) to Kellie by Nov 30!
Thank you – and we hope to see you pick next year with us!
Share this Post